Scott T: The Blog
On Blogs and ThingsPosted Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 10:47pm by Scott
Tagged: on-the-net, ssc
Now that I've had a few weeks to get used to this 'Blog' idea it's really starting to grow on me. I've been around the net, and subscribed to sites the blogs for some sites I visit recently and after following links here and there, found some new blogs which make quite interesting reading at times :)
One obvious down-fall to this recent activity has also highlighted the items that are lacking in this blog too:
- Customizable side bars. Minor. Also more of a CMS issue though could be solved by the module.
- Post history paging. Minor issue. All posts can however be accessed via the (currently only yearly) archive.
- Subcategories. Actually not sure how this one would work in the back end. Minor.
- Active readership - critical?!? Readers and active(-ish) people making comments would be nice at time.
- Semi-regular author - I'm working on it ;) This is a kind of catch-22. Knowing people read the posts encourages more posts yet people to read basically requires active posting to begin with...
- RSS or Atom feed - Almost critical. This is the next item on the to-do list. I'm actually getting a little excited about this as I think it marks a transition towards becoming a "proper" blog, along with the fact I need to learn new things to do it.
On a side note, anyone else noticed how hard it is to come up with decent blog titles these days?